HOW TO USE: INDOOR USAGE
Read instructions thoroughly before installing. Quality of performance cannot be guaranteed with refills other than Raid® Automatic Advanced.
Choose a location where air circulates freely and where insects are likely to be. Air changes, building layout, temperature and humidity may affect unit's efficiency.
1. Turn dispenser off by sliding switch to either off positions.
2. Connect battery to terminal and insert into the battery compartment.
3. Shake can well and then remove protective over-cap from can.
4. Place dispenser on the Raid® can. Push down and twist the dispenser slightly until it stops and locks onto the can.
5. Lower the Raid® can into the holder and press firmly to attach.
6. Hang product on wall or place on a horizontal surface, preferably 2 metres above floor and at least 30cm below ceiling. Ensure that unit is in upright position during use to be effective.
7. To activate, point nozzle away from you and switch to on position. The dispenser will activate 10 seconds after switching to the on position. Your Raid® Automatic Advanced Insect Control System now operates automatically releasing a spray every 7 minutes.
8. Replace battery when red light on top of dispenser flashes.
9. To turn unit off, simply switch back to either off positions.
10. To remove refill can turn in counter clockwise direction.
11. Wash hands with soap and water after handling or cleaning the unit.
NEW Raid® Automatic Advanced Insect Control System provides hassle free continuous protection against both flying and crawling insects. Its new 'advanced timer feature' allows for 2 time settings (either a 12hr or a 24hr-cycle) for different insect infestations and control.
How does the NEW Raid® Automatic Advanced Insect Control System work and how does it differ from other sprays?
- NEW Raid Automatic Advanced offers continuous protection in the home, with a new product features - its 2-time settings & Low battery warning light.
- The 12-hour option allows the unit to cycle on for 12 hours and off for 12 hours. It automatically starts at the same time each day when the switch is left in this position. This setting is most effective when insects are less prevalent during the winter months. The 185g refill will last up to 8 weeks when used under the 12-hour setting. The 305g refill will last up to 15 weeks when used under the 12-hour setting.
- The 24-hour setting is for a continuous 24 hour operation. This setting is most effective when insects are more prevalent during summer months. The 185g refill will last up to 4 weeks when used under the 24-hour setting. The 305g refill will last up to 7.5 weeks when used under the 24-hour setting.
- Low battery warning light: Red light on top of dispenser starts to flash indicating its time to replace the battery.
|185g Refill Can||305g Refill Can|
| Raid Automatic Advanced
Insect Control System-Indoor
Up to 8 weeks
Up to 4 weeks
Up to 15 weeks
Up to 7.5 weeks
| Raid Automatic Advanced|
Insect Control System-Outdoor
|Up to 30 hours|
Raid® Automatic Insect Control Systems can be used in homes, offices, shops, and other indoor areas. Keep away from food preparation and eating areas. Only use Raid Automatic Outdoor System for outdoors.
- New Automatic Advanced indoor dispenser will operate for 12 or 24 hours a day/7 days a week.
- The outdoor unit will also operate automatically, dispersing every 20 seconds with a 3 hour automated cut off feature. Place the outdoor unit at ground level up wind and clear of naked flames.
|Raid® Automatic Advanced Insect Control System Natural Refill||9g/kg PYRETHRINS|
45 g/kg PIPERONYL BUTOXIDE
|Raid® Automatic Insect Control System Outdoor Refill||
4.4 g/kg ALLETHRIN
|Raid® Automatic Insect Control ORIGINAL Indoor Refill||4.4g/kg ALLETHRIN 20:80
45g/kg PIPERONYL BUTOXIDE
|Raid® Automatic D.I.Y. Expert Indoor Insect Control System||14g/kg PYRETHRINS|
60g/kg PIPERONYL BUTOXIDE
Can I use the New Raid® Automatic Advanced Refill cans with any Raid® Automatic Insect Control Dispenser?
I want to buy a refill for my original Raid Automatic Insect Control system which I bought a couple of years ago, and saw different products on shelf. Which one should I get?
You will see a sticker label on the refill for your Raid Automatic Original unit. If you can't find it, just look for the green lid on the Original refill. If you have the new Raid Automatic Advanced unit, look for refills with the silver lid.
Yes. It is available in selected stores only:
- New World Wellington
- New World South Island
- Pak n Save Wellington
- Pak n Save South Island
The active ingredients contained in Raid Automatic Advanced Systems are natural pyrethrins and piperonyl butoxide (insecticide synergist) or pyrethrins enhanced with synthetic pyrethroids. Pyrethrins are extracted from chrysanthemum daisies and are nature's own protection against insects with a unique potency that repels/kills insects. Pyrethroids are synthetic insecticides based on Pyrethrins.
NEW Raid Automatic Advanced releases only a tiny amount of insecticide; in fact the same amount is released by Raid Automatic Advanced over 24 hours that a normal spray can would release in just 5 seconds!
SC Johnson takes very seriously the responsibility of providing products that families can use with confidence, including our pest control products.
All of our products go through an extensive risk assessment, which takes into account many factors such as toxicity, the amount of each of the ingredients, consumer habits and practices that affect exposure, time spent using the product and activity patterns at the home. We also consider possible effects on children and pets.
Raid® Automatic products may be used with a high degree of confidence when label instructions are followed.
I have been using the Raid® Automatic System for a while but I am still noticing insects. What can I do to prevent this?
- Is the product switched on? (12 or 24 hour setting)
- Is the can empty?
- Is the battery new? (flat batteries will affect performance)
- Is it releasing a puff of spray every 7 minutes? (if not the battery may not be functioning properly)
- Is it left on for 12 or 24 hours a day? (it is only effective if it is in constant use)
- Have you positioned the unit in a room with open doors or windows? (if so it may be too close to an opening and the active ingredient may be escaping outside before it is dispersed throughout the room)
No, screws are not included. This is because different surfaces require different types of screws which need’s to be assessed by the installer of the unit.